Monday, August 13, 2007

Christina Applegate Divorced, Finally

To date, Christina Applegate is finally unmarried…without children. That’s finally after 18 months since ex-husband, Johnathon Schaech filed for divorce.

Based on the court documents gathered by CelebTV.com, the celebrity couple’s separation was finalized by the Superior Court on Friday.

Applegate who is famous for her role as Kelly Bundy on “Married…With Children,” have split with actor Schaech in November of 2005. In the court papers, the couple cited “irreconcilable differences.” Consequently, Schaech filed for divorce on the 5th of December 2006.

With the ex-couple’s split finalized, Schaech was awarded more than $1.5 million in regards to bank accounts that date back to February this year, a Mercedes-Benz S500 of model 2001 and a cement Buddha that is currently in the possession of Applegate. On the other hand, Applegate will get two of the ex-celebrity couple’s LA houses, over $7.5 million in bank accounts that date back to December 2006 and a 2006 Lexus.

Christina Applegate and Johnathon Schaech tied the knot in October 2001.

Image courtesy of http://gaysocialites.com/

Valerie Bertinelli at Van Halen Reunion

On Monday, Van Halen had a press conference and announced to hit the road with Wolfgang Van Halen, the newest member of the band who’s just 16 years old.

The 16-year-old is dearly called “Wolfie” by his number 1 fan and mother, Valerie Bertinelli. Taking photos of his son standing next to his daddy Eddie Van Halen at a stage in the Four Season Hotel in LA, Bertinelli says, “That’s my job now to be the proud momma and I am.”

Wolfie is to replace Michael Anthony as the bassist. Consequently, Bertinelli isn’t concerned at all if his son will build up rock star habits. She says, “His father will be with him the entire time. I’ll be out there a lot. Ed is the best father Wolfie could have. It’s all going to be just fine.”

Joining the Van Halens in the conference were Alex Van Halen, drummer and David Lee Roth who came back as the famous group’s lead singer.

The fall tour of Van Halen is set to start on the 27th of September in Charlotte, N.C. This is Roth’s first time to tour with the band after 22 long years.

Image courtesy of yahoo!TV

Friday, August 10, 2007

Mel B. Secretly Marries Boyfriend

Scary Spice, Melanie Brown, secretly wed music producer boyfriend, Stephen Belafonte on June in Las Vegas.

Regarding the marriage that was first reported by the Perez Hilton website, Mel B.’s rep issued a statement saying, “…Mel and Stephen have known each other for many years and were great friends first. Now they are deeply in love. The two are very happy together.

Brown and Belafonte reportedly began seeing each other when Brown was still pregnant with Eddie Murphy’s baby. The 32-year-old singer describes the music producer as a “really a sweet guy” and has remained unbothered by all the media hype.

Mel B. was set to appear on CNN’s Larry King Live on Wednesday to talk about her new marriage and the paternity battle she’s having with former boyfriend Eddie Murphy. However, Brown canceled her night appearance because she and Angel, her baby, are sick.

Melanie Brown and veteran funnyman Eddie Murphy is in the middle of a sour paternity battle. It was last week that the singer-actress filed for petition to establish Murphy’s paternity to her baby. Consequently, a DNA test showed that indeed, ex-boyfriend Eddie Murphy fathers the 4 month-old tot. Murphy then issued a statement saying he is acknowledging paternity of Brown’s baby and has mentioned paying child support. In view of Murphy’s response, Brown’s attorney said that what’s important to Mel is that the actor “sees his child, spend time with her, hold her, love her and bond with his daughter.

Last June, Mel B. and the rest of the Spice Girls have announced a reunion tour that is set to happen in December and January. It has been six years since the pop group split up on May 1998. The group was supposedly set to take the stage at the Concert for Diana. However, with Baby Spice Emma Bunton pregnant, the girls have chosen not to perform in the memorial show.

Image courtesy of http://dailyblabber.ivillage.com/

Thursday, August 9, 2007

J-Lo Awarded $545,000 from Ex-hubby

The ultimate plan of Ojani Noa, ex-husband of Jennifer Lopez, to release a tell-all book is put to an end. Let alone, Noa would be made to pay a total of $545,000 to his ex- wife.

This is according to a decision given by a court-appointed arbitrator on Monday. The ruling was a result to a court papers filed by Jennifer Lopez’s lawyer to ask an LA Superior Court judge to give a decision in a hearing that is set to take place on September 5.

In the breach-of-contract lawsuit filed by Lopez against ex-husband Noa, a claim is stated that Noa violated an earlier lawsuit settlement that would stop him from disclosing any private information about their past relationship. In view of this matter, the arbitrator decided “permanent injunction” against Noa. This would be enough to keep him from “criticizing, denigrating, casting in a negative light or otherwise disparaging or causing disparagement” to the 39-year-old actress. Moreover, Noa is required to hand in all book-related copies and materials to either Lopez or her lawyer.

The $545,000 award comprises of compensatory damages worth $200,000, of attorney’s fees that’s nearly $300,000 and of arbitration costs worth $48,000.

The supposed tell-all book of Ojani Noa is entitled, “The Untold Truth: A Passionate Portrait of a Serial Killer”. The infamous book is set to reveal details of his first sexual encounter with Jennifer Lopez as well as information about the singer-actress’ alleged number of affairs while they were still married to each other.

Jennifer Lopez and Ojani Noa was married on February 1997 but filed for divorce less than a year later.

Three years ago, Noa got a settlement of $125,000 after suing Jennifer for breach of contract. Included in the settlement was his agreement to not reveal private information about his past relationship with Lopez. Noa’s book plans breached the said agreement.

Image courtesy of http://image.com.com

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Courtney Love Thanks Cupcakes for Weight Gain

A recent photograph of Courtney Love looking emaciated is indeed a shocking sight to see. But in the midst of all negative speculations, the 43-year-old rocker-turned-actress insists that her weight is going nowhere but up.

The rocker wrote in her blog in Myspace, “ive put on 10 pounds (thank you Sprinkles cupcakes wic h I must admit are overrated.)” Courtney wrote it this week on her blog, which can only be accessed by her Myspace friends.

On her blog, marked by Love’s unconscious rules for both spelling and grammar, she expressed her thoughts on how unreasonable criticisms are going her way regarding her weight. She writes, “must point out the hypocrisy of this crazy hysteria about my weight...Noones going to mistake me for Eva Longoria, andmy god I am truly hAppy to be who an what i am with my life an dmy expirience i can do so many things help so many people and make such a beautiful clothing line too! and maybe finish this dammed sript one day…

It is remembered that this past July, Courtney Love appeared in a free concert looking appallingly gaunt. Consequently, she let out a joke regarding her thin look. In between songs, the rocker would take a drink of a protein shake and make an apology by telling the audience, “had to take care of my eating disorder.” Nevertheless, she would quickly add that she was just kidding and that she was not suffering from any eating disorder.

The sudden weight loss of Love has been apparent for these past few months. In April, she declared to have lost more than 50 pounds through an Isopure shakes, vegetables and fish diet. She also claimed to have stopped smoking. However, the concert event in New York City became a proof of defiance as she was reportedly seen smoking a number of cigarettes all through her performance.

Courtney Love has an upcoming album produced by Linda Perry. The album includes songs “Nobody’s Daughter” and “How Dirty Girls Get Clean”.

Image courtesy of http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Lindsay Lohan Back in Her Mother’s Arms

Following her most recent arrest on July 24, the 21-year old Lindsay Lohan kept a low profile and is reportedly staying with her mom, Dina Lohan, and her other siblings in a house in Long Island, New York.

The New York Post reports that Lohan along with her younger sister, Ali, flew to Kennedy airport to stay with their mom, grandmother and other siblings.

When asked by the Post about her daughter’s condition, Dina answered, “She’s doing well.

In the past weeks, Lindsay Lohan has grabbed headlines after reportedly chasing after her former assistant’s mother. In the event, Lohan got arrested and is now facing multiple charges such as driving with a suspended license, suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of cocaine. As of the moment, the actress is freed temporarily after posting a bail worth $25,000.

However, this isn’t the first time the actress ran into trouble with authorities. Last May, she crashed her Mercedes SUV and was formally booked last month for DUI charges. The formal booking occurred after she finished a 46-day stay at a Malibu treatment facility.

On August 24, the “I Know Who Killed Me” star is set to be arraigned in the Santa Monica Court. This is the same date that she is to appear in court for the other DUI charge that resulted in the May incident.

Amidst all reports and speculations, Lindsay Lohan insists she’s “innocent” and that she “did not do drugs.”

Image courtesy of http://www.funmunch.com/